Tuesday, February 14, 2012

An sce'al na hE'ireann

Som den sprakkunnige lasaren kan se ar detta en irlandsk berattelse. Vidare kan den sprakkunnige se att jag skriver pa en utrikisk dator - utan prickar. Therefor I've decided to write in english these irish days when I visit my firstborn son. I suppose that all of you who read my blogg are acquainted to this language.

OK, I've spent this day traveling from good old Sweden to yet older Ireland. Starting from Arlanda early in the morning I arrived in Heathrow round one o'clock. But before departure in Stockholm I had the time to visit a geocache in the airport area where I dropped a travelbug, a little rubberduck that wanted to America. Hope that someone, traveling there will help the little duck.


I had four hours in London but one of these were used for security checks. Al quaida has succeeded in spreading fear over the western world. They don't have to blow any more bombs.


Finally I was found secure and allowed to the inner circle of the airport. I bought a good English breakfast although it was three o'clock. Sausages, ham, beans, egg and in addition to this, a big Guinneas beer. I felt good!

The trip from London over to Cork was short and fast but I was surprised to see that the plane was fully booked to the last seat. On an ordinary Tuesday evening! When I reached Cork I found my luggage and a bus down to the city where Nils met a took me to a nearby Pub where he and some friends had an After Work evening.


It was a nice meeting as we haven't seen each other for more than two years. But we both looked the same and found each other directly. And now I sit in his big bed which he so kindly has offered me and give you this summary from my first Irish day. Good Night.

No comments: